Wednesday 12 June 2013

Estonian manors: Vihula and Palmse

On Sunday before travelling back home we had a bit of manor tour. I love manors! And stories about life in manors! It would be cool to visit one in Finland this summer. I don't think I've ever been to one here. Anyway, the manors we went to see are located east of Tallinn, pretty much on the coast of the Baltic sea.

Vihula is a 16th century estate. It serves as a hotel and spa nowadays. It's actually the place we were originally meant to stay at, but unfortunately it was booked full. Then again, it was farther from Tallinn than the place we ended up staying at.








Palmse is a really grandiose manor, I could so live in one like that!!! Unfortunately, due to a detour we took and a really long wait at a local diner, we didn't have time to go inside! Hopefully one day I'll get to see it properly!





There were storks everywhere!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment