Friday 3 May 2013

Eurovision Song Contest

I'm a huge fan of Eurovision Song Contest. I watch it every year with my best friend and sometimes with a selected group of others who are somewhat interested ;) Usually we have a party with plenty of drinks and snacks and it starts hours before the competition. This year is going to be a bit different though since the morning after the contest me and my friend are flying off to Greece \o/ So only a little bit of drinking is allowed ;)

Every year we listen to the songs from the get go. The Finnish and the Swedish national selections are followed intensively. With the Swedish Melodifestivalen being the more interesting and better show. Lists are made, points are given and the favorites are decided. The list does change from time to time, but the personal clear favorites stand out from the bunch. But the personal top has to be decided before the final. That's the rule. Even though it doesn't really matter. You want your number one to win. Last year, finally, our mutual favorite won! Yay for Sweden! This year is different.

The Danish song has been pretty much declared a winner in some medias. It's ok. I do like the song a lot, but what bothers me is the damn flute and the damn barefootedness. Gets minus-points from me ;) My favorite has been since the beginning, the Norwegian entry ❤ According to my calculations I like 15 songs which switch places daily on my Top 15 -list. But anyway, here's my top 10 as it currently stands. Enjoy!

1. Norway


2. Serbia


3. France


4. Romania


5. Denmark



6. Greece
7. Ireland
8. Sweden
9. Moldova
10. Azerbaijan

The Romanian entry is pretty out there, but it's so out there that one can't help but love it :D

1 comment:

  1. Guess what? i'm a huge fan too :) Usually just hate the songs Finland sends to to contest and feel so embarassed. Last year I had snacks and drinks and I was text messaging (iMessages, free) with my friend for the whole night. She was in Oulu at the time and myself in Helsinki ;) Man we had a blast :) This year she is mother of 3, guess she won't be around telly. But I will. I haven't seen the videos before, thanks for linking - I shall watch them asap :)

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete