Thursday 11 April 2013

A flapper pendant

The 1920's fascinate me. Mostly the women. The flapper style. My bookshelf has a few books on the subject, but I have yet to read them. Well, I guess not so much on the subject, but books of the era.







Anyway, I got inspired by a Finnish d-list celebrity Johanna Tukiainen, who tends to wear a pendant around her neck in every photo I see of her. (I've read her blog way too much... She's got some issues, to say the least..)

J-Tuk

Also I got inspired by the necklace my dad got me from Spain. I wanted a oval shaped pendant necklace with the twenties theme. So I searched through eBay and found one that looked pretty perfect. It's handmade and the maker has her own website and shops at etsy and eBay (sweetheartsinner). The loop on the pendant is a bit loose, but thankfully I had an obsession with making my own jewellery a few years ago so I have stuff to fix that... I never managed to make anything but a ring myself...





The pendant came along with this business card!!! Which was cool, because I have a thing for zombies. In fact last year at my Halloween party I dressed up as a 20s flapper zombie :)


sweetheartsinner.com & etsy, eBay

Last Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment