Tuesday 30 April 2013

Different kind of MayDay celebration

The 1st of May in Finland is called Vappu. The celebrations start today. That basically means that a lot of people get drunk. That is what I usually do. Provided I have the holiday off. But not this year. Sure, I have a day off today and start working nights tomorrow, so I could've celebrated. But  I decided not to. I can't remember the last time I've voluntarily turned down a celebratory day!

Many kids and kid-like people get balloons

So instead I opted to stay at home with the husband, just like a normal day off :) Just some good food and some Pommac, which is a non-alcoholic soft drink often served at weddings as an option to sparkling wine. And it's so delicious! Really reminds me of the times I visited my great aunt. She lived at this agricultural school being the hostess or whatever. Anyway, she had this outdoor food cellar which smelled all musty and she always had Pommac there for me. Ah, happy memories!

Anyway, here's a few food photos of today :P








Voila, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment