Friday 19 April 2013

Great balls of fire

I have 3 cats.



















The two eldest are the black and white ones. Castro is the blackest and Iljitš is colored like a cow :D Castro is a mamas boy and Iljitš is a bit of an attention whore at times. I got Castro and Iljitš when they were 1,5 years old, they will be 5 in June. They're rescue cats and they were neutered by the time I got them. So when I got Leopold, the little ginger one, I knew that I would be faced with the inevitable neutering. Leopold will be 2 years old in May and he's a Scottish straight.

I was going to do it last spring/fall, but when I took him to the county vet we found out that he had a hidden testicle and would have to have surgery to remove it. So I decided to postpone it until further notice. Then the spring arrived again (well not weatherwise, but anyway...). Leopold was being loud, tormenting Castro nonstop and peeing in places he wasn't supposed to pee in. So I grabbed the phone and today he had his surgery. Which was cheaper than I expected and also smaller than expected. So far it seems he'll make a quick recovery. While he was silent and sleepy on the way home from the vet (which took us about 10 minutes), when we got home he wanted out of the carriage. He's really alert, but quite silent. I have to make sure he doesn't lick the wound too much and that the other cats let him heal in peace. Also he has to take pain medication for a couple of days. But he's quite a trooper!

Leopold was very appreciative on the way to the vet. I'm really glad it only takes 10 minutes on the public transport from here to there!

At the vet, Käpälämäki, superb service!

He really hated the cone. I hope I won't have to put it back on...

Badass skull bandage!


No comments:

Post a Comment